Wednesday, February 6, 2013

99u Is My Support System






"As creative thinkers, we want to make progress, and we want to move big ideas forward. So, it's no surprise that the best motivator is being empowered to take action."

It sounds inspirational right, like something out of a story book: People wanting to work for work sake? *sigh*

I'm always discouraged, and frankly rather annoyed whenever I've heard coworkers over the years complain about their job as their doing it. It brings my mood down, it makes me hate working with them in times when I usually like to, and it truly ruins the rest of my working day. "Oh this doesn't work," or "God, when is this going to be done," or "I don't get paid enough to do this!"

In this article from 99u.com the author talks about how the creative differs from this, while also explaining that the dangling carrot is slowly becoming a lesser reason for better performance as the individual themselves becomes more of the reason and origin of advanced job performance. Self motivated people making things work is all that's really going on here.

P.S. Tonight is the night that I essentially rip apart my old blog, bring it's four total posts over here, and finally eliminate it. I'm starting a new chapter in my life, if you couldn't tell, and part of synchronizing with the new and learned me has everything to do with shuttering off the dead parts. BAM!!! And yes, I do know that I can set for blog posts to post themselves on a later date, but I choose not to.



No comments:

Post a Comment