Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Back & Excited


So, if you've been reading the blog, you'll notice a jump between this post and the last one. Life's been a little busy, but that is not an excuse. As all habits go, they take time and discipline to mature into a continuous practice. Here is my second beginning, so to speak, to make this a relative habit once more! 

On one note, I have decided not to make the book idea a permanent part of the blog. If something really stands out, and I simply must, "...SHARE THIS WONDERFUL THING WITH ALL THE WORLD!" then I'll post about it. When I get around to books like "Business & Legal Forms for Photographers," or Susan Sontag's "On Photography," then I will absolutely share a review, without question. 

In addition to the meandering book review idea, I'll be sharing helpful things that I see up from sites like PopPhoto.com, Creativebloq.com, 99u.com, or ASMP.org. I personally used to hate it when I'd sit on one site all the time and try to mooch it for all of its wisdom, but that habit is simply one to "shutter". It's like the never-ending facebookathon some of us get trapped in. Most of us are familiar with the self-perpetuating vortex of likes, shares, and angry opinion sharing. No bueno I say. As I'll be checking all these sites with you guys in mind, hopefully I'll build some sort of way to filter out all the not as useful posts from awesome ones more quickly, and slowly create larger windows of time in my day where I can do things like, I don't know, shoot stuff. 

What's the point in having a Canon if you can't just shoot with it all the time? My goal this summer is to take a sick shot of fireflies along the horizon with good ol' Vera. (Please get this reference.) 

Either way, I digress. My point is I will filter out great articles from numerous sites far all of you, so you don't have to go through that process yourselves! Not that you can't do this, but some of us have insanely busy lives. To that I say, "Great for you and congratulations. You're living life!"

To close this post, I am tossing out my attempt into new horizons tonight. Literally. I'm working on my first time lapse tonight. I sat for a little less than a half an hour, and pressed the capture button in Lightroom, once every ten seconds, while tethered to the camera via USB cord. I'm waiting for the remote/timer for the Mark ii to come in the mail any day now, but for now, my impatient self is going to play it out tethered. It's not going to be a great shot, since it's through trees, but I'm hoping for at least smooth results. Tomorrow morning shall be attempt two. Hopefully, though tonight I'll have the plug-ins and software to do this figured all out. Unluckily for yours truly my wonderful audio-visual tech of a boyfriend is working a noon to midnight shift tonight in center city, so I'm without a crutch on finishing off any video.... stuff.... I think.  I know how to edit in Premier, but I'm not sure I'll even need it. Does that make sense? Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll have something to post by morning, before I shoot the sunrise time-lapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment